Wednesday 10 September 2014

Review: Soap & Glory Sexy Mother Pucker Gloss Stick

Firstly, I would like to apologise for the lack of posts recently. I was going to wait until my camera was fixed before I posted again but it looks like that is going to take a while so I decided to post anyway and make do without my camera :(

I grabbed Sexy Mother Pucker because I had fancied a berry shade lipbalm and had heard good things about the Soap & Glory lip range, so I went for the shade Plum Jam as it was a lovely purple colour but wasn't too pink.

First impressions were mixed. I loved the packaging for a number of reasons; the black tube with pink writing looked slick and sophisticated, so you don't mind showing it off to everyone else and the name retains that playfulness which we love Soap & Glory for. Also, the applicator is a good shape (like a large crayon) and when you wear it down you simply twist the bottom to get more, so it goes a long way. However, I found that the product itself didn't last very long and created these weird solid lumps of product on my lips. Not good.

I really liked the colour though, so decided to give it a wipe and see if that helped. Miraculously it did and I haven't had a problem since! Admittedly you do have to reapply it fairly often but since it's a balm that doesn't really matter, plus it really does keep your lips moisturised. I tend to get quite dry lips but since that initial problem it has been absolutely fine and hasn't dried them out at all!

Might have to get a few more shades...

You can pick it up from Boots for £8 and they currently have an offer on. The other shades are Nudist, Fushia-Ristic, Bashful and Raplumsel.

Much love,
Sasha Monday x

No comments:

Post a Comment