Sunday 31 August 2014

Review: Rimmel Wake Me Up Foundation

I am always searching for a good foundation for pale skin and until quite recently drugstore foundations were a no-go, always too yellow or dark. But since Rimmel brought out their new shade "Light porcelain" I have been trying out every kind! My most recent purchase was their Wake Me Up Foundation because I already have and love their Wake Me Up Concealer. Here are my thoughts…



I have to admit that I was put off by the bright orange lid. This is probably because being pale I have a natural dislike of the colour but I got over that pretty quickly. The pump gives a good amount of product and doesn't squirt it too far either.

The consistency of the product is lovely and creamy and it blends into your skin really easily. The colour also blends fantastically well, not too pink or yellow and it doesn't sit heavily on the skin. It gives a medium coverage but it can be built up and it gives your skin a natural healthy glow, which is good for people like me who have dry skin. One thing I would say, is that if you have dry patches it does sit in them and make them a bit obvious, so make sure you put on plenty of moisturiser before applying it.

As for it's staying power I have taken it on a very hilly walk on a sunny day (it is SPF 15, woo hoo!) and it didn't budge! At the end of the day my skin still felt soft and had a nice glow to it, without getting oily, and my blush had stayed in place as well.

Conclusion
Really pleased with this product! It's fantastic for pale skin in terms of colour and that all-important SPF and it wears really well as a foundation too. You can currently pick it up for £8.99 from Boots.

Have you tried this foundation? What is your go-to drugstore foundation?

Much love,

Sasha Monday x

2 comments:

  1. I was going to try this foundation but the light porcelain looked rather yellow-ish on me, which is a shame because i've heard good things about it. I love the L'Oreal True Match in porcelain though, it is great for pale skin!

    Snow x
    www.snowsaid.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, weirdly I find the True Match one slightly too pink! I have also heard good things about the new Lasting Finish Nude range, so I'll be checking that out soon.

    Sasha Monday x

    ReplyDelete